Chiropractic care benefits all aspects of your body’s ability to be healthy. This is accomplished by working with the nervous system — the communication system between your brain and your body. Chiropractor Dr. Lamarche works to correct spinal, pelvic and cranial misalignments (subluxations). When misaligned, these structures create an imbalance in surrounding muscles and ligaments. Additionally, the resulting nerve system stress may affect the body’s ability to function optimally.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH A CHIROPRACTOR DURING PREGNANCY
Potential benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- Allows for an easier, balanced and more comfortable pregnancy.
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain.
- Proper baby positioning can help with having more productive contractions during labor, resulting in reduced labor and delivery time.
- Desired body alignment means fewer aches and pains from the increased weight gain, Relaxin, and other hormones.
- Baby has maximum room to move and develop their spine and cranium; stronger and less colicky baby.
- Can decrease birth trauma and dystocia (difficult birth).
BENEFITS OF USING OUR SERVICE
The ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association) recognizes that in a theoretical and clinical framework of the Webster Technique in the care of pregnant women, sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia). Dystocia is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation.32 The correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia. The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation/ SI joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is improved.
For more information on working with a chiropractor during pregnancy and the Webster technique, please don’t hesitate to contact ReVive Health Centre! We also recommend you speak with your doctor as well. Our chiropractors look forward to hearing from you.